Home >> Injection Molding
Injection molding is our main business, Sunway Specialties' in Two Shot Injection Molding and High Performance Thermoplastic Injection
Molding. We provide low cost at moderate to large quantities. Our
plastic injection molding can form most plastics including Standard
plastic and High performance thermoplastic, such as: PP / ABS / PC /PA & PA+Glass fiber/ PBT / POM.
Injection molding is an extremely versatile process for producing a
wide range of simple or complex plastic parts with a good finish, Almost
any 2d or 3d shape can be achieved. However draft is required in most
cases as the shape must allow ejection out from the mold, side holes and
even threaded holes are possible though complicate the tooling.
Sunway not only offer you the quality injection parts, but also
provide the whole solution in plastic injection engineering.
Two Shot Injection Molding
Sunway will not only make the Two shot molds, but will also do two
color double injection production.
- Lower Cost: use two kind of material or shot to mold. This can reduce
- Reduce part count: Simplify part design by combining two kinds of
material can reduce the assembly process.
- Bette looking and better feeling parts.
- Compatibility between two kinds of Plastic resins: the compatibility
of 2 kind of resin will immediately impact the bonding strength and
- The shrinkage rate must be the similar between 2 kind of resin, this
will affect the bonding as well.
- The contour of the part might not be suitable for secondary molding.
- Optimize the mold design and the mold size
- Minimizing size of the part and material volume
- Minimizing side holes and recesses
- Minimize slider features and threaded holes.
Injection Molding Design Considerations
- Part design with round corners & radius, Design for radius to be 1/2
to 3/4 of the nominal wall thickness.
- Draft angel in wall for easy ejection out,
- Uniform wall thickness and Core out excess wall thickness can avoid
the shrinkage mark.
- Ribs should be 1/2 to 2/3 of the nominal wall thickness and less than
3 times thickness in height, Excess rib height combined with taper will
produce thin sections requiring extra fill time at the mold.
- Specifying the gating location must consider to eliminate the flow
mark and air venting.
- Review existing injection molding components for additional ideas and
High performance thermoplastic
Molding high performance thermoplastic is significantly more
difficult than molding standard plastics. It does require extensive
upfront engineering. Extremely high melt temperatures (370+ degrees C)
and unique flow characteristics necessitate specialized equipment for
resin preparation and molding. Sunway injection molding capability is
based on the knowledge and experience of its outstanding Applications
Engineers, and on the firm's 8 years history of manufacturing industrial
products in China.